Things are different again for 2021. Our Club 10 series for 2021 will start on Thursday April 22nd and run until Thursday 12th August.
The Croft Series will run on Wednesdays, 26th May, 16th June, 21st July, and 18th August. There will be no event at Long Newton on the Thursdays following a Croft event. Times obtained at Croft will count for awards in the Club 10 Series.
The CTT Youth Championship qualifier for Teesside District riders will be incorporated in the Club 10 on the 9th July. A separate entry form, (printable from the CTT website) must be submitted.
The cost of each ride is £4 (£3 CTT levy and £1 for club funds). I will be taking cash entries but you may also pay IN ADVANCE by BACS . (Club account: sort code 05-09-34, account no. 149031040). Non payment may mean losing future rides.
*This year the series is open to club members only. Both first claim and second claim members may participate, but only first claim members will be eligible for club awards. Please don't invite other riders, they will be disappointed.
* Riders under 18yrs must bring a signed parental consent form in order to compete. (The form is attached and also available to download from the CTT website. Riders must be minimum 12 years old to participate).
*There is a CTT regulation requiring all competitors to have a working and illuminated rear red light (either flashing or constant). No light: no ride.
* If you require personal protective equipment or hand sanitiser please provide your own.
The COVID-19 situation means that there are changes to the way time trials are run this year. The social element has been removed and the emphasis is on competing. I have attached a copy of the CTT risk assessment for you to read. Parents should let their children know how it affects them. The points below are from the risk assessment and intended to minimise risk of infection.
1. If you are feeling unwell and/or have any of the symptoms of coronavirus do not come to the event.
2. Do not come to the event to socialise: only competitors, and parents/ responsible adults of competing children, should attend.
3. Bring a pen to sign on with. A pen will not be provided.
4. Warm up on the road, do not use a turbo trainer.
5. When you line up for your start, leave a safe space between you and other riders.
6. Be aware that there will not be a 'pusher off'.
7. After your ride, leave your number in the container provided, and leave as soon as you can.
8. Your time will be displayed online via the club website: not at the assembly area.
If you have any questions you can ring or text me on 07967 157671.
Event Organiser. Contact on 07967 157671 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To qualify for club awards members must complete at least five events.
Individuals set off at 7pm prompt, each Thursday during Summer. Be sure to get there in plenty of time to sign on and warm up. Sign-on ends 10 minutes before the runs begin at 7pm so the earlier you sign-on, the better.
Riders set off in 1 minute intervals, in the order in which they signed on. For example, the 3rd rider to sign-on that evening will be given number 3, be the third person to set off and will set off at 7.03pm.
Entry is paid at sign-on, £4 for members.
If you are considering having a go but think you will be too slow, remember that you are effectively racing yourself and setting a time for YOU to beat next time, and it is a great way to monitor your progress! Unlike road racing you cannot get dropped or lapped - you have nothing to lose, and you will be guaranteed to receive a warm welcome and encouragement.
Riders must be at least 12 years old to participate due to it taking place on open roads.
The series is run under CTT rules which states that "The minimum age for competitors when competing on a solo machine in events on the public highway is 12 years."
All riders must wear a helmet.
The course map is below: